Sunday, January 22, 2012

ouch!

A month ago, I was finally ready to say goodbye to cable. I was sick of how much I zoned out to it, when there are so many more interesting things to do. I was especially sick of how much it was Eldest's default. The instant he has a spare moment to feel even a second of boredom, he wants the tv. I was getting tired of constantly saying no, even after he'd already watched a couple hours.

So a month ago I was really ready. The Next Iron Chef and Work of Art were over, and I knew who won. All my usual dramas were on holiday hiatus. I knew it would sting a bit at first, but it was time. I'd been thinking about doing it for a year.

So I phoned the cable company and told them to disconnect us. Imagine my distress when I found out it would take another month before they would actually pull the plug. If I'd known that, I would have phoned a month earlier! Anyways, whatever, it would be cancelled eventually.

This morning, when Eldest turned the tv on, there was no signal. And the pvr that we owned didn't even work. Apparently there's some software in it that is now deactivated. So the last month of Wild Kratts and other shows for Eldest I've been stockpiling are for naught. Ah well. It stings but it will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment