Thursday, January 30, 2014

the winter of flannel sheets

This winter we discovered the joy of flannel sheets. And with the winter we've been having, it's none too soon. I don't ever remember having a cold snap this cold or this long.

I had actually experienced flannel sheets once or twice elsewhere before, so I always (unsuccessfully) looked for them at thrift stores over the past year. In the fall, I gave up on the thrift store hopes and bought a set new for our queen bed. From the first night I couldn't believe how much warmer I was. I didn't need the extra blanket I usually did. Amazing.

A couple weeks ago I found two matching flannel sheet sets for double mattresses, so now Eldest is getting some flannel love too, as can our guests (if we ever bring order back to our guest room).

I will never go back to regular sheets in the winter again.

Love is flannel sheets.
image
__________
Funny thing: I drafted this last night, just before going to bed. When my husband got into bed, the first thing he said was, "I love these flannel sheets!" And then tonight as I tucked Eldest into his bed, the first thing he said was, "I LOVE sleeping in these flannel sheets."

Can you get a better endorsement than that? 

2 comments:

  1. I have those EXACT SAME flannel sheets on my bed, and I love them! I was at the hairdresser the other day, and I overheard another customer raving about how she had never had a better night's sleep, talking about how soft and cozy something was ... my hairdresser asked, "Are you talking about pyjamas?" and the woman replied, "No, I'm talking about my flannel sheets from Target!" - which was funny, because the whole time I was eavesdropping on the conversation, I was thinking, "That's exactly how I feel about my Target flannel sheets."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bea! So nice to hear from you! (I probably shouldn't be surprised we have the same sheets, since we have similar taste in paint chips. ;)

    ReplyDelete